The council is elected from the Parent Forum, Academy staff, and pupils.
Its main duty is to promote good relations between the school, parents and the wider community, in support of improvement of standards of education at the school. The Head Teacher and her staff are responsible for the running of the school, with the Parent Council providing a consultative body to help them and to help parents understand what the school is working to achieve. The Parent Council welcomes comments and questions from everyone with an interest in Linlithgow Academy. Its meetings are open to parents, staff, and the wider community.
The Parent Council's responsibilities include:
- Gathering parents' views and representing those views at Parent Council meetings;
- Reporting back to parents;
- Participation in the appointment of senior teaching staff;
- Consultation on school development planning;
- Giving feedback to the Education Authority;
- Participation in the management of the use of school buildings outside hours.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING:
The following meetings are scheduled for this year:
- Mon 1st October 2018 - Agenda: Minutes
- Tues 20th November 2018 - Agenda Minutes
- Wed 30th January 2019 - Agenda Minutes
- Thurs 21st March 2019 - Agenda Minutes
- Wed 22nd May 2019 - Agenda Minutes
The AGM ANNUAL REPORT SEPTEMBER 2019
Meetings for the 2019/20 School Year will be as follows:
- Mon 30 Sept 2019 - Agenda
- Tues 26 Nov 2019
- Wed 29 Jan 2020
- Thurs 19 March 2020
- Wed 20 May 2020
At 7pm in the Conference Room.
All Parents and Carers are very welcome.
There are currently 4 Parent Council vacancies for the 2019/20 session. If you are interested, please contact the school office or use the 'Contact the Parent Council' link below. We would love to hear from you!
There is still a vacancy for a clerk.