The council is elected from the Parent Forum, Academy staff and pupils.
Its main duty is to promote good relations between the school, parents and the wider community, in support of improvement of standards of education at the school. The Head Teacher and her staff are responsible for the running of the school, with the Parent Council providing a consultative body to help them and to help parents understand what the school is working to achieve. The Parent Council welcomes comments and questions from everyone with an interest in Linlithgow Academy. Its meetings are open to parents, staff, and the wider community.
The Parent Council's responsibilities include:
- Gathering parents' views and representing those views at Parent Council meetings;
- Reporting back to parents;
- Participation in the appointment of senior teaching staff;
- Consultation on school development planning;
- Giving feedback to the Education Authority;
- Participation in the management of the use of school buildings outside hours.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING: AGM - Monday 28 September 2020*
*2020/21 meeting dates are currently provisional due to Covid-19 restrictions. Updates will be posted on this page.
The following meetings took place in 2019/20:
- Mon 30 September 2019 - Agenda Minutes
- Mon 9 December 2019 - Agenda Minutes
- Wed 29 January 2020 - Agenda Minutes
- Thurs 19 March 2020 - cancelled
- Wed 6 May 2020 - Agenda Minutes
- Wed 3 June 2020 - Agenda Minutes
At 7pm in the Conference Room. During Lockdown other arrangements will be implemented.
All Parents and Carers are very welcome.
The AGM ANNUAL REPORT SEPTEMBER 2019
Meetings for the 2020/21 School Year are provisionally scheduled as follows:
- AGM - Monday 28 September
- Term 1 - Tuesday 3 November
- Term 1 - Monday 7 December
- Term 2 - Wednesday 27 January
- Term 2 - Thursday 11 March
- Term 3 - Wednesday 5 May
- Term 3 - Tuesday 8 June
There is currently 1 vacancy on the Parent Council. If you are interested in becoming a member please get in touch using the 'Contact the Parent Council' link below.